Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

 My mom is simply amazing.  She has so many qualities that I hope to have one day.  My mom is the epitome of charity and kindness.  She has never said unkind word about anyone.  She goes out of her way to help people and taught me many truths of the gospel by her strong example.  As a mother and an adult I've realized that much of what she did and does were HARD things but she did them anyway... without any complaint.  Here she is in this picture holding me as a 6 month old.  I love you mom!

 How adorable is Matt's mom?  What another amazing example to me.  99% of her decisions are based on what is best for and what will work for her children.  She is kind, loving and makes every person feel special and cared for.  I obviously haven't known her as long as Matt has but I can say that she is an incredible example to me.  I sure love you Mary.


Then, there's me... I'm still figuring this all out.  But I am so thankful to be a mom.  Its the best thing in my life and has made me happier, more joyful, more appreciative, more kind and more thoughtful because its not just about me... its about these two.  I pray that I'm the mom they need me to be.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the amazing women I know.  And thank you for all of your great examples.

4 comments:

Nanette said...

What a sweet post! I agree with you about mom - she is amazing. You are quite the amazing mom yourself! Mae and Will (and Matt) are lucky to have you!

Rachel said...

So sweet! I'm so grateful for great examples of mothers in my life, you being on of them! You are a great mom!

Jamee said...

Loved reading about your mom and mom in law. And I think you are a great MOM so keep it up!

Lacey Sue said...

ALL amazing ladies - yourself included babes!!! Happy Mother's Day to you all!!! :)