Monday, May 16, 2011

Mae's Birth{week}

Mae has been waking up pretty early lately.  Sometimes when I get back from my run (around 6:45 or 7) she is up and sitting on the couch waiting for me.  When I got home on her birthday she was sitting on the couch with all of her presents, ready to go!  I just had to laugh!  She was SO EXCITED!


 We asked Will if we wanted us to wake him up to see Mae open his presents on her birthday and he said yes (he is usually the one who will sleep until 8:30 or 9).  Matt got him up and the first thing he said was, "I wanna see Mae if she is BIGGER today!"  {Like she was magically going to grow up now that she's 6}  Such a cute little thought from a 4 year old!

Mae's favorite thing was a pair of real roller-skates.  She wears them whenever she is home, in the house... they are a little scary outside.  But she LOVES them.


I made mini-strawberry cupcakes (per Mae's request) to take to school.  I had totally forgotten about the rule at school: no homemade treats.  I talked to her teacher and she said it was ok anyway.  Mae was so excited to pass them out to her class.


 Ok... what happened the attractive Ken Barbie?!?!  That hair is hideous.  I'm definitely a huge fan of the 80's ones I grew up with.  Mae is just happy to have a Ken to play with.

 This has nothing to do with her bday but Mae got to help me "babysit" this little cutie pie and you better believe she wanted to hold him like this the entire time!!  Can't blame her though, I'm smitten by him too!

 Mae, all ready to go to school (boy barbie on the ground in the background... maybe she doesn't like him)

 That night we had pizza and sang happy birthday.
And that's it... my little girl is now 6!

1 comment:

Shay said...

Congrats to mae on riding her bike & Happy 6th!!
and HOLY COW Will is such a tough boy to ride his bike all the way to her school!
and Thanks again for "sitting" I'm quite smitten with that little man too.