Last Friday was Matt's birthday. Its kinda fun to try a new cake for such a special day.
This year Matt suggested Red Velvet cake which he happens to LOVE.
I'm not a huge fan but it was fun to try it anyway.
And I have to say it did turn out pretty good.
That cake required so much food coloring -- holy cow!!
![]() |
| Singing happy birthday |
On Saturday Matt got to choose what we did for the day (I'm usually the sole day-planner around here). We took the kiddos to Seven Peaks for the day. I had taken the kids once already during the week, but it was super fun and a totally different experience with Matt.
On Sunday we got up and made Matt's special request for breakfast: French toast with cheddar cheese on top (seriously... this is a Stephens' thing). While we ate, we went around the table and said our favorite things about Matt. It was a sweet moment. Mae said she loves that he will take her down the slides at Seven Peaks. And, in her words, HE ROCKS! Will said his favorite thing about Matt is, "That he taked care of me when I was a baby..." (Yeah good thing, since I was MIA during that time-- seriously WILL?!?! LOL) And he also mentioned that his dad is COOL.
This is the kids' gift to Matt... he loved it, especially the women's Luna bar... oops!
Anyway, the rest of the pictures are out of order and just of the things we've been up to-- swimming in the backyard, going to the canyons and Seven Peaks. Its not quite "swimming weather" yet (I love hot summer days), but I have to say I have really enjoyed these few weeks of such beautiful, cool, weather.
![]() |
| Will had his Half Birthday last week and we celebrated with half ice cream sandwiches |
We had a wonderful Father's day yesterday. I walked away from family dinner with a very full heart. I'm so thankful for the men in my life. For their great examples and love. We all sat down during our usual "Good News Minute" as a family and told my dad a great memory or something we love about him. I don't think anyone grows up in "perfect circumstances," after-all, parents are human, too. But my parents definitely did the best they could and now have a very loving family of adult children that love and appreciate each other. I'm thankful for the wonderful memories I have of a simple, happy childhood. Of bike-rides, walks, planting flowers and going to get ice-cream with my dad. Of feeling safe and happy in our home. And of always feeling loved.
I'm also very thankful for a sweet, loving husband who is nothing less than amazing in our child's eyes. He is worth a celebration when he pulls up his car at the end of the day. He is strong and gentle and teaches our children of the gospel. I know that much of his influence and guidance will resonate with Mae and Will because he's also very fun and takes the time to enjoy fun time with them. I am so glad my children are making such great memories with their dad and that its completely normal to do things like, go to a water-park with him.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day as we did!













1 comment:
Amster- your blog NEVER fails to make me smile!!! Your amazing! I love your sweet little fam!!!
Post a Comment