Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Fabulous 4th!


Our friends, the Peterson's, invited us to go boating with them last Saturday.  It was kind of a last "hoorah" for Matt since he just got released from being Aaron's counselor in Young Men's (with the upcoming move & all).  Anyway, it was a nice way of telling Matt "thank you" and we had so much fun!

We went to Pineview.  The weather was perfect.  It was so beautiful.  I only got a few pictures before my camera died, but it was one of the funnest days, ever!

Mae and Scout

Will

Shay, Matt & Aaron

Matt getting ready to wake-surf



me & Matt -- I was bouncing ALL over the tube and eventually fell off.  It was so fun!


Mae's best: riding on the tube (She is a serious thrill-seeker)
Will's best: jumping off the boat into the water(50+ times)
Thank you for being such gracious hosts, Peterson's!

_________________________________________________

The 4th of July

This year we decided to camp out in my parent's backyard in an attempt to extend the funnest day of the year.  We had dinner, then roasted marshmallows and did some s'mores.  It wasn't dark yet, so we did half of our fireworks, or watched Uncle Max do his, anyway.  Can I just say that I LOVE the new fireworks laws?!?!

The kids were exhausted so we finally made it into our tents and literally 5 minutes later every kid was out.  My sister, Stephanie, and I were texting each other in our tents commenting on how hot it was, how uncomfortable we were, how tired we were and why there was on single cricket in the whole backyard making noise.  Then we came to the conclusion that it was all worth it because our kids would always remember how fun this was.  I think we were right.

I woke up to this in the morning:


And this:
Will, Mae & cousin Maren

AND this:
Maren, Landon and you can kinda see Jackson under that pillow

AND THIS:
Landon-- sure looks comfortable, doesn't it?!

For breakfast we had Red, White and Blue waffles.
sooooo good!!

Then we headed over to the parade.

The crew:
We actually got rained on during the parade which was very welcome.  I LOVE hot weather but I don't like melting while sitting and watching a parade.  Thank you, for that perfect rain shower!

The rest of the day was spent BBQing, eating, napping, eating some more, going to the park and having more s'mores in the backyard.
Later we were all ready to go to our usual firework-watching spot and decided at the last minute to watch them from Mom & Dad's house.  It turned out to be great because we did all of our fireworks (AMAZING!) and then sat on the grass to watch the city fireworks.  I was surprised at what a great view we had, even a block away.

I just LOVE the 4th of July.  I love the patriotism.  I love the parade.  I love the flags.  I love the small-town city festivities.  Definitely my most favorite holiday of the year.


4 comments:

Shay said...

Thanks for being great boating partners! It was a perfect day!! ps I am just emailing you the pics I took, there are some great ones you just might have to add of your whole fam..

Megan said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! FUN FUN FUN!!!! I love the boating pics...looks like a blast! Glad you guys had a fun 4th, we missed the Grantsville parade and being with you guys.

Stacie said...

Sounds the the most perfect 4th EVER! And I am cracking up that you were texting your complaints from inside your tents. :) How funny this technology world we live in is.

Lacey Sue said...

Sounds awesome!!!! I didn't see you once which kind of bummed me out, but I always think of you on the 4th for some reason ;)! Glad it was a good one for you and your family!