Over the past two weeks Mae and Will have done swimming lessons. The weather was perfect on most days and we usually stayed after and swam until we were growing scales. It was such a perfect way to start the summer!
Most days my kids were dreading going but we made it through this year with just about no tears! There were a few times when Mae got scared in her class, but she had two amazing teachers this year who were very patient and sweet. She ended up learning more than ever and has a new confidence and love of swimming.
One of Mae's teachers was Devin... Mae was always jumping on him and getting piggy back rides and she always wanted HIM to help her. He was very sweet and kind about it but this girl is seriously so boy crazy for a 6 year old! What happened to being shy around boys?!
 |
| Mae is one of the girls Devin is holding |
 |
| Mae and Devin swimming with the kick board |
Will also loved his class this year and didn't cry once. I was so proud of him!
 |
| Will next to his buddy Gavin |
 |
| Will next to his other buddy, Scout |
 |
| Mae (and Devin) |
A few of the days there my kids were begging to go home and I didn't want to! I realized that I may put them in swimming lessons for my benefit... who doesn't love to lay out and get a tan?? This year Mae and Will were so independent that one day I actually laid out for an hour while they swam! Heaven!!!
1 comment:
this morning (friday) I was kinda like man what am I gonna do all day with no swimming?! guess we'll have to just keep going daily sans lessons.
**I think the 1st pic of will sums up their teacher experience (their all huddled/"flirting" in the background away from all the kids), lol.
Post a Comment