Friday, August 26, 2011

Back to School

 Last week at Back to School Night Mae was able to meet her new teacher, Mr. Carter.  She was sooooo nervous!!  After meeting him she felt much better though and was super excited to start school.  The night before we did a fashion show and me, Will & Mae got our "back to school" priesthood blessings from Matt to start the year of right.

Mae could hardly sleep that night.  
 Mae at her desk.  

 Her favorite part of the whole day was having 2 recesses and having lunch at school.  She had a taco, corn, grapes, chocolate milk and blue jello.  "But I couldn't eat everything because we only get 8 minutes to eat..."  -Mae.  Eating school lunch has been a dream-come-true for her!
After a couple of days we started something new.  Now I just park the car and Mae walks to our agreed upon meeting place.  She did this for the first time yesterday. 
Still super happy after day 3!

Next week the 1st graders will actually go all day!  I don't know what Will is going to do without Mae.  Preschool just can't come soon enough for him!  Yesterday he asked me to slide down the stairs with him... on my bum.  I did it once and then realized that this kid is REALLY ready for school!

I think we're finally getting comfortable in our new place.  Sometimes I feel like I'm house-watching for someone, though!  

We're finally not waking up to this anymore:

 These kids just couldn't adjust to their new rooms... I'd leave out blankets and pillows so they could manage themselves in the night and just camp out on my floor.  I think now that school has started they are so exhausted that they don't really wake up in the night-- thank heavens!

 Its Will's dream to ride his/or Mae's bike all day long and this is what he does!


 Mae and Will love to swiffer the floors -- and I love it too!

 We have a few new pets -- praying mantis!  They have been loving our porch and we love them too.  This morning there were 4 out there.
 The kids made up a game of hockey/golf using the swiffer, a golf club and a pretend band-aid!  Oh fun!

1 comment:

Megan said...

LOL!! So cute that they were camping out in the loft! They just missed being able to talk to each other and giggle at night im sure. So glad Mae is loving 1st grade....and I love that she loves school lunches!! I would be so excited when my mom let get them! Can't wait to hear about Will's first day at preschool! Your gonna be a free woman for a few hours!!!!!! Enjoy it!