Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hobble Creek Half Marathon

Yesterday I did my second half marathon.  I was much better prepared for this one than for my first.  My goal was to simply not stop.  I did get water at the water stations but kept moving.  I had a lot of energy and felt great the whole time.  I didn't see my time but they just posted them in their website and I came in at 2:24:08.  Yay!  I improved 11 minutes!  The best part of the whole race was the end.  Matt was at the park with Mae and Will.  When I had .1 left to go, Mae held my hand and ran with me.  I loved it!  I wish we had gotten some pictures.

I really, really, really want to run a marathon next year but I'm nervous because I'm going full-time in school in the Fall & Spring, so I dont' know if I can commit to the time that it takes to train.  If not, I'll continue doing halfs.  It is such a perfect length and right now I know I can improve a little more.

Anyway... that's all.

1 comment:

Lacey Sue said...

WAY TO GO GIRL!!! :)