Last week we went to Black Rock one afternoon.
It was so beautiful.
Matt always makes fun of me because its very "Grantsville" (aka hick-ish)to want to drive out to a rock and check it out. What can I say... I am very "Grantsville!" I am a simple person. I like doing things in nature and things that don't cost anything. I like my kids to enjoy the same thing.
And every time we have this conversation I make him go where I want to and every single time he ends up appreciating it and thanking me later. Apparently, I'm a very patient person. And thankfully, Matt is always a good sport and goes along with my ideas of "fun."I was folding laundry on my bed and Mae & Will were outside eating Otter Pops. I could hear them laughing, giggling, talking... just enjoying each other. They have spent SO MUCH time together all summer... they fight often, but they are also best buddies. I'm so glad they have each other. Its moments like these that I'm reminded of how blessed I am.
We've also been doing some school shopping. We've been to Target many times and all-of-the-sudden, both kids wanted their pictures taken on this spot, holding popcorn bags.
These pictures crack me up.
I'm glad we've had some normal days the past week... this week is already a little crazy with all of the packing going on. We're going to close tomorrow on the house and hopefully move in later this week. Yesterday I packed and threw away so much stuff that my mental state was shaky! I'm finding that I just don't like throwing stuff away... it is very difficult for me. That's something Matt cannot relate to! Its a good thing we have each other to even things out. Its been eye-opening for me to look around my house in a different view... I ask myself, "Do I REALLY want to take that into my nice, new house?" If the answer is no then its thrown in the trash. Yesterday I had a realization of how unorganized I am... I found a bag of clothes I bought last year for Mae- tank tops mostly. The tags said $.87 from Target and they were supposed to be for this summer. Yeah, that was a huge bummer. But at least she can wear them for the next month, right?
Anyway, we saw this yesterday and I feel like it is finally complete!We've had some calm days, now its time for the craziness to start!
Wish us luck.









2 comments:
I'm a very, very organized person but I can say that having kids makes it really hard to be organized! :) This is the perfect time to start 'clean,' though, and you'll be so glad afterward. The kitchen looks beautiful!
have you watched hoarders?!? it makes me grateful I'm an organized person who is ok with throwing crap away...but I can understand sentiment with 'stuff'
anyway I'm so excited for your new chapter in life! even though we will miss seeing the Stephens..in church..we'll still be friends!
Post a Comment