Thursday, October 27, 2011

....the rest of the weekend

Saturday night, after our Ragnar experience we got all showered and cleaned up.  We stayed at Planet Hollywood which was super nice and fun!  We decided to go to PF Chang's for dinner since it was a measly 20 steps from our room and down the elevator.  It was one of those meals that tastes absolutely amazing because you're so hungry you could eat an elephant!  After eating 'race food' we were ready for a real meal!  After that we went to walk around H & M.  About 3 minutes later I hit 'the wall' and had to go to bed asap.  I slept 11 hours and woke up feeling great!

We happened be to in Vegas the same weekend as Ardena and Lincoln!  We met up at the Rio for their champagne breakfast.  It was so good.  I'm a lover of buffets!!

 It was so good to see Dena!! We have missed her so much!
 Another side note: Matt decided to drive down to California for the weekend with the kids since he was home alone with them anyway!  On Sunday he picked me up and arrived just in time for our brunch with Dena & Lincoln! It worked out great.  I missed my family -- I was so excited to see them.
 Silly Linc is always posing!!
We went outside to get the car from vallet and Mae said, "Mom, when we got here a SERVANT took our car for us!!"  Like we were royalty or something, funny girl!  Then there was a stretch limo out front so I asked the driver if my kiddos could take a look.  She said yes and Mae and Will got to climb in a check it out.  You would have thought they'd just won a trip to Disneyland, they were so excited.

After our goodbyes I drove home with my sweet family.

This past week I got to the halfway point in my practicum.  I am so excited to go to 2nd grade now and compare the differences between 5th and 2nd grade.  I'm also excited to go to a new teacher... I got the slave driver teacher before so hopefully I'll have more time to actually observe this time around!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

How fun that you got to spend some time with family after that whole experience. I'm craving a little PF Changs now. :)