Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011



We had such a fun Thanksgiving this year at our house.
There were 38 people in our house and we actually had room for everyone and a place for everyone to sit.

Daniel, Mae, Robby, Landon & Jackson
 The food was so delicious.  My sister Nanette made orange rolls rather than the traditional rolls and let me tell you... they were so amazing.

Everyone dishing up their food.

The kids' table

Poor Will woke up sick with a fever that morning.  We had him spend as much time as possible away from everyone and he was totally fine with that, as long as he had a good movie to watch.  He actually spent most of the day asleep... sad.











Stephanie brought crafts for the kids to work on.  Here they are making candy cane ornaments.  So cute and fun!
 We also played a game of bingo with prizes.  One of my nephews won a can of hair spray dye and ALL of the kids ended up with orange hair.  It was so funny!


The best part was the pie, of course.

This year I experimented with Pear pie.  It was pretty good but not a favorite when compared with all of the other delicious pies we had.


We ate around 1:30pm so Thanksgiving was an all day event.  We played games, played Just Dance on the Wii and also had our good news minute.  Everyone said something they are thankful for.  I said I was so thankful to have all of our wonderful family in our home.  Its something we've waited awhile for and it was so wonderful!

The rest of the weekend we did Christmas shopping and celebrated my birthday.  We took the kiddos to Cafe Rio and Matt truly spoiled me!  Then, on the weekend we went to Rodizio (my favorite place!) to celebrate with friends.  I'm officially 30 now and loving it.  I have a lot to be thankful for and a lot that I've accomplished so far.  However, I think this next year I'll accomplish the most and I can't wait for it!

1 comment:

Jamee said...

So orange rolls are a tradition on Brett's side and at first I thought it was weird, but now I can't have a thanksgiving without them...they are SO yummy! Poor Will...that stinks to be sick on a holiday. I miss having you as a neighbor and vt partner...but CONGRATS on your new calling, you will do a GREAT job!!!