Within the past month Mae has had two ballet performances, one rehearsal, one video recording and a very worn out mom.
But... its all worth it.
![]() |
| I was off-stage watching and snapped this picture |
![]() |
| Olivia was part of the Thunder group and Mae was a villager |
![]() |
| Waiting in the hall to go on for the final call |
![]() |
| Getting pictures taken |
![]() |
| My little ballerina |
In Mae's class each student was required to do an Expert Report on a topic of their choice. Mae immediately knew she wanted to do ballet. We wrote out her report and practiced several times. She did part of her dance from Giselle in front of her entire class. While we were planning this I kept thinking to myself, is she REALLY going to do this?! I'd be scared out of my mind. The day came and she was nervous but very excited to do her report. I am so proud of her! She did a great job. This bravery thing must be part of the Stephens' genes because it doesn't come from me. I'm glad that at the age of 7 she is comfortable with who she is and isn't afraid to tell other people about it!
After Mae's report I uploaded the video to YouTube so I could show it to our family. That night I showed it to Mae and she enjoyed it, then she said, I wonder how many "views" I have?? So we checked and she had 7. She turned to me and Matt and said, "I'm really proud of myself-- I have 7 views already!!!" In her mind she is well on her way to being an internet sensation. I didn't have the heart to tell her that those 7 people were just our family. Since then we've clicked on the link several times to make it go up for her because it is a private link.
If you want to "up" her numbers, here is the link:
http://youtu.be/WT4SZ8j0juE







1 comment:
She is getting so big!!! Such a beautiful ballerina! She was made to dance!
Post a Comment