In August we did plenty of fun things to make the days go by quicker. Not that we were tired of being hot or tired of summer at all... but by the end of it everyone was ready for school to start. I guess you CAN have too much fun... hmm...
We went to the drive in with Alesi, Rachel, Jonah and Kathleen. It was SO MUCH FUN!
Kathleen borrowed my dad's truck so the kids could lounge in it. Best idea ever.
Will fell asleep 15 minutes into the movie -- tired much?
He was really upset he didn't get to watch Brave with us! Funny boy!
I cannot wait to do this again next year.
We went to the Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point with our cousins.
![]() |
| Jackson, Alesi, Maren, Mae, Rachel. Will and Landon |
![]() |
| Landon and Will |
![]() |
| Mae and Aiden |
We spent some time in Grantsville and my children really think that place is wonderful. I ate a grape and instantly had a thought, vision and smell in mind... I was really young and school had started. I came home and we (me, my sisters and babysat kids) sat and ate grapes in the front yard until their parent picked them up. I believe I had red corduroy pants on and I remember it being hot outside. Weird how one thing can bring back a memory.
We had a water day at the Earl's house. Emily had two extra kids for a few weeks and this was so much fun for all of them.
![]() |
| Will, Gavin, Mae, Bekah and Korah |
![]() |
| aaah.... summer at its best |
Needless to say, we had a GREAT night. Mae and Will really loved all of the smoke, fires, and fireman.
Mae and Will played some games too... when it was too hot to get outside.
![]() |
| Will and Derek |
![]() |
| A windy day at the park with Olivia, Mae, Bekah and Korah |
They had a lot of fun. We were probably there over an hour. I didn't have a desire to get in but was happy to watch them! I don't know that we'll ever do it again, but I think its just something they had to try at least once.
It was just gorgeous.
Mae and Will had to get in the water... of course.
It was a bit cold but they braved it!
This is Clegg Lake. We were planning on hiking to Notch Lake but half of our group got tired of hiking so we called it a day and just enjoyed this smaller lake.
We already have big plans to go backpacking here next summer with our children. Oh, I cannot wait.
We had such a great summer this year. It was a lot different than the ones in the past in so many different ways. We had extra people at our house a lot and its always great to have visitors. We didn't do swimming lessons but did gymnastics instead. We went swimming a lot and Mae and Will can swim and go off the diving board by themselves! We were BUSY this summer but we got to do what I like the most -- spend time together. I'd say we had a successful summer.




























No comments:
Post a Comment