Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Will's first day of kindergarten

Once Mae started school, Will had to wait an entire week until kindergarten began.  I kept him pretty busy otherwise we would have both gone pretty crazy!

washing dishes

Cleaning floors
 FINALLY, his day came.


He was over-the-moon excited.  He is in Mrs. G's class (same as Mae's kindergarten teacher).  We just love her!  When we got out of the car I asked him where he wanted me to take his picture and he stopped right at the furthest edge of the school... but it worked!

 He knew where to go and really didn't need me at all.  This was such a different experience from when Mae started school!  (AND she still wants me to walk her to her class and pick her up there!)  Will is very confident and not scared at all.

After finding his seat he said, what should I do?  I said, I think the kids are playing why don't you join them.  After he sat down he game me "the look" that means, "get the heck outta here, mom"  so I snapped a couple more pictures and left.





It wasn't nearly has hard as I expected it to be, but Will is such a different person than Mae is and was back then.  He is so eager to break out of this house alone and it has been a lot of years for him of watching Mae go to preschool, kindergarten, and first grade!  Then next day we decided to check another thing off his bucket list... the bus.  He was in heaven riding it and Mae has been such a good sport to ride it even though she is not a huge fan.  No problems with this... I even followed them on the first day to make sure he knew where to find his class.  He gave me a hug and didn't look back.  I followed him anyway and he did just fine.

So far his two favorite things are: recess and riding the bus.

As I was leaving the classroom through the play ground on day 2 Will was playing basketball (or something like that) with some other boys.  It reminded me of when Mae was in kindergarten and Will used to play on the playground until it was time for the kids to go in.  He was so little and I couldn't imagine him ever growing big enough for kindergarten.  Now, I'm taking him to kindergarten and it hit me!  I realized what a huge milestone this is for him.  I am so thankful that he and I have had so much 1-on-1 time together up until now. We have done a lot when Mae's been in school and I'm so happy I can look back on that.  He is my sweet baby-boy and although I do miss him and Mae in the morning we still get the afternoon together and I love it.

Here's to a new school year!

No comments: