Our first stop was in St. Thomas, USVI. We decided to take a ferry to go to the small island of St. John. First we had to walk far from the boat to get away from the pricey taxi's ($8 each person), then we hopped on an open air bus for $2 each. What a deal! Look at the cute boys next to Matt... they were on their way to school.
Everyone was headed to work or school. I would have loved to chat more with the locals. Next trip I honestly want to plan to visit schools at every country, wouldn't that be fun?!
After the open air taxi, we got on a ferry and then another open air taxi to Trunk Bay.
Our first views of Trunk Bay.
The travel was well worth our day here.
There is actually a snorkel trail with signs of what you're looking at and where to go. We swam and snorkeled all day. We got there early and had the beach to ourselves for most of the day.
![]() |
| Matt and Lincoln couldn't wait to get in the water |
![]() |
| photo-bombed -- by Lincoln! |
![]() |
| No chairs, no towels... we didn't care |
Ardena and Lincoln ... I'm usually so good at taking decent pictures... I should have left Stephanie out-- whoops
After a long day we got a taxi and left for the ferry.
Our first stop was amazing! That night we had dinner and for some reason I could not keep my eyes open. I went to bed early and realized later that the anti-motion-sickness meds I took (as a precaution because I tend to get sick easily) were making me very drowsy (even though it was non-drowsy) ...dumb! I felt much better after they left my system.




















3 comments:
I really like seeing your pictures; it's so great to see another part of the world. Your swimsuit is super-cute, too.
How fun! I am super jealous. I can't wait to do stuff like this. And I hope you count me as one of your five readers because I just love your cute family.
As one of your 5 readers, I must say that I am loving all these pictures of your amazing vaca!!! The beaches look incredible. I also LOVED your swimsuit, so cute!
Post a Comment