After Halloween we were having the best weather. Fall was definitely in the air. The leaves were beautiful. I love seeing them in the mountains but love it more when the trees all over town change colors.
Every day after school the kids played outside and at the park. As soon as the sun went down it got very cold and we'd have to run home. I knew that winter was coming so we soaked it up while we could. Homework? What? Laundry? No Thanks! Cleaning? I can do that all winter!
Mae and Will love to go to my parents' house and play in their leaves but we're not there every day. We were driving home from school and they noticed there were A LOT of leaves on a grassy area off of the road. We decided we'd better stop and play for a little bit before rushing home.
Aaaahh... gorgeous fall weather... I love it.
Then, merely a day later the wind blew and it got cold very fast. A storm came in and winter was here. Now, I'm not complaining at all... so don't get me wrong. [I think complaining about the weather is the whiniest thing a person can do-- after-all we officially have no control over the weather! When people complain about snow in Utah it makes me want to send them an eviction notice-- "You are getting kicked out. Let us people who love it here enjoy it without your whining. Thanks." I mean, this is Utah, after-all .. "greatest snow on earth," Utah].
Anyway... We got some snow. And it still hasn't melted! Mae and Will were THRILLED! It was like Christmas morning. I love how little kids make us enjoy the simple things. We've put away our Halloween decor and our jackets, now we're on to coats, gloves, snow boots and hot chocolate. I love a change in the weather.
![]() |
| Derek, our neighbor and Mae |
We went back home and spent the entire day snuggling up and watching movies (when we weren't cleaning and doing stuff for church the next day, of course).
The next day was the primary program. I was pleasantly surprised that it went very well! We didn't even go over on time. We have 120 kids that come regularly to our primary. All of them said their part and sang beautifully. Our neighbor Derek had the last part in the program... just when he got up one of his classmates knocked over his chair and it was so loud! His part was supposed to say, "At school when I saw someone fall down I helped them up and it made me happy." Instead, he said, "At school someone fell down and I laughed and was happy..." I think the congregation laughing hysterically mixed him up! It sure made for a good ending. Afterwards I was supposed to get up and didn't know what to say... people were wiping away tears from laughing. I love our ward and our kids! (and I'm glad I have another year until I have to plan the primary program).

















No comments:
Post a Comment