Mae is officially 7 and a half years old.
We celebrated on a Monday so she had school and then dance afterwards.
We had dinner and then Family Home Evening.
Each of us told Mae what we LOVE about her. It was a special moment for sweet Mae.
We each held her on our laps while we told her how much we love her... even Will.
Afterwards we had half of a cupcake and sang happy half birthday. Its hard to believe that in only 6 months she will be 8 years old... old enough to be baptized.
She opened her gift and I suddenly realized I had a huge brain-fart and bought her something she didn't like... well, she liked it but was expecting a new toy rather than a new dress. The next day we exchanged it for something she wanted.
Some things I want to remember about Mae right now:
+She is outgoing and feisty-- complete opposite of me at age 7.5.
+I secretly love that she LOVES the name I wanted to name her but got turned down... I love it when she writes Maebry on her doodle papers and coloring pages.
+Mae is very inquisitive and asks a lot of questions about life, babies, marriage, etc. She can't wait to grow up.
+I have all the confidence in the world that when we are 10 years in the future, Mae will leave us and never look back -- I mean, she won't have a hard time spreading her wings and going out in the world on her own. She would do it today if she could. Until then, I'll keep her safe in my nest.
+Its crazy when your children are growing up in front of your eyes... how she has such a different life than I had growing up (7th of 8 kids and all that entails).
Happy Half-Birthday my little Mae!


No comments:
Post a Comment