Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Will turns 6

For whatever reason, the years are flying by with Will.  I can honestly say I've loved everyday with him.  He has always been so happy, peaceful and has always loved me.  I love him so much.  He has a very special place in my heart.  In a lot of ways we are very much alike.  In other ways he is just his own person.  He is very independent but is so thoughtful and kind.  He never wants to leave anyone out or make anyone feel bad. He is very aware of the needs of others -- even strangers who need a smile or a simple, "hi."  This little boy is going to do great things in life.  I'm so blessed to spend every day with him when he gets home from kindergarten.  

Will at 18 months old


 Will was so excited to finally open his presents.  Nonny and Poppy sent some in the mail and he has been counting down the days to open them up.

 Mae and Will took their showers in the morning and Will got all ready but Mae still had her hair in a towel.




Will was thrilled with his morning but boy was it hard to leave his toys behind and go to school!  
He took Ding-Dongs to his class as his treat.  After school I made his cake and he got to lick the batter-- before he even had lunch.  Lucky boy.


He played with the neighbors outside in the snow until Mae was out of school.  We picked her up and got some pizza for dinner.  Emily, Rich, Olivia and Gavin came over for dinner and dessert.  We are SO LUCKY to have them as our new neighbors!

Will requests chocolate cake every year so its easy to please him!



Later that night when we were putting the kids to bed, we all shared something we LOVE about Will.  I said that I love how he always includes people and never wants anyone to feel left out or feel bad.  Mae said she loves that he is her brother.  Matt said he loves that Will always had chubby cheeks when he was a baby and he loves now that he is so full of energy and fun.  We love our little Will!

Some things I want to remember about him at age 6:
-- Will has endless energy and rides his bike or scooter daily (even if its freezing cold outside)
-- One day some men were playing basketball at the park behind our house.  Will asked if he could go to the park.  I said, no because I don't want you to go over there alone.  He said, "I won't be alone, I"m going to play basketball with those guys." (Complete strangers... um, no!)
-- Will is everyone's friend and thinks everyone is also HIS friend -- even old men.  He talks to EVERYONE.  Especially the men in our ward.
-- One day Jonah burped and Will told him to say excuse me.  Jonah said no.  Will said, "Then you aren't grateful!!  Then you aren't grateful for Jesus, Jonah!"
-- "Hey Mom, you know that white dwessing?  Like, on the salad that white dwessing?  Its weally good."  -- talking about ranch dressing.
-- One day I told Will thank you for being so patient and kind while I was at my school talking with my adviser   He said, "You're welcome.  That's how I be at school."
-- "You can't work in head at school.  That's what my friend Joey did.  He worked in head and got in trouble." (Talking about working AHEAD in school).
-- On my birthday Megan sent me an adorable video of Robby and Jaqueline singing happy birthday.  I was watching it and Will came over... "Who's birthday is it?... Oh, Aunt Amy's?.....Oh.... its your birthday, huh mom."
-- The story above illustrates why sometimes we think Will is a little absent-minded!



1 comment:

Brian & Kerrian said...

Happy birthday darling Will!!! Hope your having a wonderful season AMY! Exited to see you guys tomorrow!