After such an awful winter season (I'm from here and believe me, this was BAD), there was an article in the newspaper today about just how bad it was... January was the coldest month we've seen in 65 years. February wasn't much better but at least we weren't sick like the rest of the state of Utah, right? I'm just glad it wasn't just me that noticed it-- its been confirmed now that yes, it was awful!
By the way, yesterday, the 1st of March was gorgeous and totally felt like spring! Today the snow is melting. I'm so happy... so, so happy.
Throughout February we did some fun stuff. Mae and Will got invited to a birthday party at the gymnastics place where they had lessons last summer. It was SUCH a fun party! The kids had a blast and I even did some jumping around too.
Mae and Will looking all cute for school.
Ketchup on tacos... yum! Mae and Will LOVE this-- I'm not a fan.
The teacher I was with was gone for 4 days... I had to take over the class. It was a crazy week. I felt much better when I read this note to the teacher-- saying that I didn't need much help. How funny.
Will's tooth was getting lose and one afternoon I got out of the car to walk over to Mae after school and we got back in the car moments later... Will says, "I pulled out my tooth!" Sure enough, he had just pulled it out on his own! Such a funny boy.
Something the kids have loved is taking the roller skates and EZ rider to the church gym. It is so nice for them to get their energy out and run around when its too cold outside. Will has picked up on his skates right away.
On the weekends its been nice enough to walk around the Gateway (which is always empty!) or City Creek (which is our favorite new hangout).
On Presidents day we met Kathleen and Jonah for dinner at CPK -- the kids loved it, even if Will's face doesn't show it.
I think Will took this picture...
At Citycreek...
This girl is ALWAYS ready for her picture to be taken!
Gavin at the church skating... have I mentioned they live next door now? Its wonderful!!
Apparently Savannah likes to read upside-down, so Mae and Will had to try it out.
At Mae's dance class... Will patiently waited while taking pictures of everything... including me.
Last week Will had to do an animal report. He chose a Lion. He had to present his picture and report to the class. Can you see his little head?
Last week in school we had to have an "intruder drill." It scared the crap out of me and it was just a drill! My thoughts immediately went back to Sandy Hook and the awful tragedy there. Teachers are expected to do some amazing things, don't you think? I'm glad they practice this, but its also very sad that in today's world we have to practice this.
![]() |
| Top: Bryson, Nathan, Valerie, Lily, Chad, Christian, Kelli, Trenton Raquel, Addy, Jamie, me, Joey, Aliah, Roland, Aleshka, Davan, Matthew Emma, Nathanial, Nolan, Kylee, Cole, Gavin, Sam, Sofie & Hayden |
Here is the whole class. I want to remember their names. I'm going to miss them so much! Thankfully I'll still get to see them in the halls at school. It was such a good experience teaching them. I've learned a lot.
Me and Mrs. Baxter. She's been a great cooperating teacher and has helped me so much!
(and Davan is doing the photobomb behind us... little stinker!)
Some of the pics ended up randomly put throughout this post... so here's Mae at the church skating.
Well, I'm at the halfway point in my student teaching. I'm so happy with how its been going. I wake up happy and excited to go to school. It definitely has its challenges, but there are such wonderful days and moments teaching. Now I'm on to 6th grade and Mrs. Tonioli who has taught for 36 years-- can you imagine?! Can't wait to see what I can learn from her and all of her years of wisdom. As of right now Mae and Will are doing okay with their adjustments. I know Will really misses just being able to come home after school. He goes to Gavin's house (right next door) until I get home. They get along great and I'm so thankful for Emily and her willingness to be such a big help to me! I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. Every once and awhile Will goes to out other neighbor's house and he likes it there too. I know that we are very lucky to have such wonderful friends and neighbors. I just hope I can repay them back one day!


























No comments:
Post a Comment