Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mae's Baptism

Nonny, Poppy and Savannah came to visit for Mae's baptism.  We were so happy when they showed up with their bikes.  We did some bike-riding the first night they were here.  



The next day we did some shopping and went to lunch for Mae's Birthday.

The day of Mae's baptism was a little hectic.  We had a soccer game at 8:00am.  Then, Mae's baptism at 11:00.  Then, a ballet performance at 3:00.

We were up early and at the game.  It was so fun to have our family watch Will.  Megan, Rob, Robby and Baby J also came for the weekend.





After that we went home and got ready for Mae's special event.  



I told everyone it started at 10:45am... haha so we were ready and waiting and actually started early.  I'd do this next time, too!  It made it so nice to have family thinking they were late only to realize they were on time.



The baptism was beautiful.

Afterwards I was helping Mae get changed and she hadn't even taken off her wet clothes.  She said, "I feel different... I feel really different." I asked what she meant and she said, "I just feel really different... I feel good."

My heart just melted for my sweet Mae.  She is so in tune and so aware of the sweet spirit of her baptism.  What a blessing it was to be her mom and witness the change in her.  I'm so proud of the sweet girl she is.  She has waited so long to be baptized and has been so anxious to do as so many have done before her.  


 Mae chose everything for the program and even called everyone who participated.  This was part of the program:

The Baptisms of
Mae Janell Stephens
 Dillon Hunter Andrew
Saturday, May 4, 2013 11:00 a.m.


Conducting....................................... Bishop Rueckert
Pianist............................................... Misty Moncur
Chorister............................................. Alesi Kaaihue

Opening Song: ............................ “When I am Baptized”
Invocation............................................. Steven Cask
Baptism Talk....................................... Mary Stephens

Baptismal Ordinances

Interlude Music
Poem………………………………………Savannah Stephens

Holy Ghost Talk......................................   Janell Cask

Confirmations

Remarks.......................................... Bishop Rueckert

Closing Song: .............................. “I am a Child of God”
                       
Benediction........................................... Bill Stephens


The week before we had a family move in our ward and they wanted their son baptized with Mae.  They were happy to just be there and not have to do any parts so we just kept the program the same!


Mae is so lucky to have such a wonderful family to support her!

We had lunch at our house afterwards and everyone just did some chit-chat until it was about time to go.






Then we headed off to Mae's ballet performance.  She did wonderful and was so happy to have her grandparents there for the first time to see her perform.  That made it very special for her.





 Nonny made this special towel for Mae! Isn't it adorable?!

It was a busy day and a busy weekend but we had a wonderful time with our family visiting.  We don't get to see them often but when we do our kids are just in heaven.  We are so thankful for all of the support from all of our family.  Now, we wait another 18 months for Will's baptism!

No comments: