On April 25 I finished up my last day of student teaching.
It was a bittersweet day, but mostly sweet. I had learned so much and really loved these 6th graders. However, I was so ready to go home and clean my house and pick up Will from kindergarten, and do playdates and get back to normal... at least for now.
Mrs. Tonioli was a great mentor. She has taught for 36 years and is retiring this year. She is a great example of what it means to be flexible-- to learn and grow as education changes. She is pretty amazing.
We had a pizza party and the kids made me a huge card and they all signed a ball and said, "Have a ball teaching!" It was really sweet. They begged me to come back for their country reports next week and asked why I was leaving. It was hard to tell them that I was looking forward to going home, so I didn't... I just told them I ad to get ready to teach next year.




No comments:
Post a Comment