Our anniversary this year was more special that years past. Nothing special about 12 years, but in the past 6 months or so we have made it through A LOT together. Its been really hard having so many things going at once. At times we've worked really well together and at times we haven't. But our struggles have brought us closer together. Matt has been so patient, kind, loving and thoughtful while I've been kind of an awful wife. I was doing so much at once and getting ready to graduate that I had zero time for him on some days. He has been the solid foundation that has made me stronger when I'm weak, made me keep going when I'm ready to quit and has been proud of me every step of the way. I'm so thankful for him and his support. Yes, I did the hard work and graduated but he helped me so much and I couldn't have done it without him.
For our anniversary we took these sweet little kits to my sister, Stephanie's house.
We stayed at the Hilton downtown. It was on a Sunday night and SLC was DEAD. No one was out and about. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and saw some people ride by on these bikes. It looked SO FUN. We walked to Harmon's across the street and rented our bikes. We rode all over Salt Lake. We rode in the road, on the sidewalks and through City Creek. The best part was that the streets were empty!
I wanted to go on the road that goes under the Salt Palace-- scary!
After going up several hills my legs were done. We had a lovely bike ride in downtown and returned our bikes.
This was the view from our room.
It was a simple, sweet getaway and was exactly what we needed.













No comments:
Post a Comment