Saturday, August 31, 2013

Excelsior Academy

The week before school started, I set up my classroom and tried to get ready for the school year. 

It was pretty incredible-- we had a 2nd grade teacher position open and my sister Brenda applied and got it!!  We are now both teaching at the same school. What a dream come true. Pictured below is her classroom... No pic of her though... Oops. 


Soon it was the first day of school. Such an awesome day. It's been a dream to be a teacher. Now it's real. It took so much hard work to get here but I've learned so much and have become a better person. As I kissed Mae and Will and wished them a great day I felt so happy and excited for them to be at a new school. I'm so glad we share this new experience together. 

My students lined up and walked in. Looking at their bright faces made me feel so happy. So hopeful. So excited. So blessed and of course I got emotional and had to quickly think about baseball and gardening to avoid crying!

My desk... I try to keep it clean, I really do. 



Our first two weeks have been amazing. I can't really express the joy I have. I love this school. I love my class. I love my colleagues. I love the opportunity we all have to be here. So much to be thankful for!  
Mae and Will are adjusting and just have the most positive attitudes. I'm so proud of them!  Here's to a new school and new school year!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

So proud of you for reaching your dream of being a teacher! Way to go! So excited for you in this new chapter of your life!