Sunday, August 18, 2013

Latourrel Falls

On Friday morning we went on a hike to Latourrel Falls. This was literally the highlight of my entire week.  I LOVE hiking.  I have always wanted to hike to a waterfall in Oregon.  What a dream come true to actually do it with my family. 











 The hike was about 2 miles round trip (I think?).  It was so beautiful.  I could not stop taking pictures.










 We hiked to Upper Latourrel Falls.  So pretty.











 Matt and Kyle got in the water and Matt had to moon all of us!




Will looks like a two-year-old in this photo!





On the way back Mae got a little hysterical because she had to go to the bathroom and literally could not wait.  I had to take her (by myself) into a trail away from our trail so she could squat.  Not the best memory to have but Mae was VERY happy afterwards... unlike the photo below.















 After the hike went went to the lower falls which was a tiny little walk down a paved trail.  Matt, Will and I wanted to get close to the water.





 I can't explain it but I'll never forget being that close to that waterfall.  It was exhilarating!  The water was splashing all over us and it felt so good.  The wind was blowing so hard that it was about to blow us away.  We held hands and just soaked it up.  I could have stayed there all day.





This whole hike was a dream come true.  I am so proud of all of us-- especially the kiddos for making it!  They all did great and had so much fun.  I know its not the same for everyone but being in nature and hiking gives me a sense of renewal... a sense of adventure and makes me feel like a kid.  I hope my children end up loving hiking as much as I do!

No comments: