Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Feel free to judge


Some days you just feel like you're going crazy... other days, you actually get a confirmation that its true.

Last week I was at Costco. I bought everything and then went to the snack bar to get the kiddos some pizza. I had some cash in my hands, my debit card, my receipt and my Costco card. I knew I needed to keep the receipt out and the cash, so I did something with my debit card. I could not remember if I put it in my pocket or my wallet or diaper bag. I just remember setting it in the cart and thinking "That is not a good idea," and moving it somewhere else. But I was frazzled because I had the receipt and cash to keep out of my wallet. Anyway... I got home and could not find my debit card anywhere. I called Costco and no one had found it. I checked my bank and nothing out of the ordinary had been spent, so I knew it wasn't picked up by anyone. I had the feeling that when I did the laundry and cleaned out the car I'd find it. So a week went by. Yesterday I finally realized I hadn't found it! I had looked everywhere I thought it might be... my wallet, the car, the house... I even had Matt look in every pocket of my wallet for me, in case I just looked over it, but still no debit card. I decided to just call the bank, cancel my card and get a new one sent to me. That way, if someone else has it, they wouldn't be able to use it. I called yesterday morning and then went to get gas. I pulled up to the gas station and realized I didn't have a debit card. I hadn't gone in to pay for gas in years... certainly not with children! I panicked for a minute and then remembered I had Matt's debit card from his bank account. I went to get it out and there was MY DEBIT card... sitting in my wallet... in the place I ALWAYS put it.
What on earth!? And I had just cancelled it, so it was of no use. What is going on with me? Am I going crazy?

Luckily, it wasn't a child or husband I lost. I can always be thankful for that.

11 comments:

Haddorkus said...

There isn't a person out there who hasn't done something like this. I thought I lost my whole wallet and about a week after I finally got everything replaced I found it in my car, right where I thought I had left it, right where I searched at least three times.

You're not crazy. You're a mom.

Natalie said...

I have been there! I glad you found it!

Stacy said...

I am so glad I am not the only one who has moments like this! Unfortunately, they seem to be happening more and more often!

Alison said...

How frustrating! I left Rob's debit card IN the ATM machine once. We had only been married for about a month and the week prior, I had just wrecked in his brand new SUV. LOL! It's amazing he stayed with me.

I love the picture that went with your post! Too funny!

Amy said...

Thank you for your comments! I feel better knowing you've all done similiar or worse things! hahaha!

Leeann said...

I JUST did this almost exact thing. So I can't judge...it'd be wrong for one crazy person to judge another! LOL

Misty Moncur said...

That's really weird. You're really lucky you found it...even if it was too late.

Sharon said...

I can't even tell you how many times I've "lost" my debit card. I never get it replaced, because it always shows up. Its probably the most frustrating thing I do to James! LOL!

baileyfamily said...

the exact same thing happened to me at Costco except it was my whole wallet. I canceled all my cards. 2 days later they called and had found it. happens to the best of us.

Rachel said...

LOL! That is hilarious! Yes, we all have times like that. Like Alison, I've left a debit card in an ATM, not once, but TWICE, on my mission. So it was the mission's money that was lost! But, luckily I had just taken all the money out one time and the other time there was only like $10 or $20 bucks left in there.

Emily said...

Unfortunately I can relate with all of you. I have a horrible memory. If I don't write it down I will forget.