Friday, June 27, 2008

The newest news



Its been awhile since I've posted any pics so here are some of what we've been up to lately.

Mae decided she loves to help me do the dishes. When it comes time to handwash what won't fit in the dishwasher I just give her a sponge, soap and something to "wash." She thinks its sooo cool! AND she actually does a pretty decent job.

Mae told me this week, "I want to take a shower, ALL MYSELF!" To humor her, I've been letting her take showers, rather than bathing with Will and getting the crap kicked out of her and her toys stolen constantly. She, of course, has to have help, but I love that she wants to feel independant now and do things on her own. I remember being scared of the shower when I was 3, so good for her for being brave!





Will started making this face this week. I laugh so hard even when I see the pictures! The best part is, he does it whenever I ask him to! So most of the day he is pulling this face and I love it. I'm pretty sure he'll do anything to make me laugh. Another new thing he started recently, is he is really attached to teady bears! He has to go to bed with his "babeee!" and when he gets up in the morning I pick him up and then he reaches down to his teady bears (He has 3... and a puppy) and says, "My babee!!" He just melts my little heart. And hate to admit it, but there is very little he can do wrong... however, that doesn't mean he gets away with everything he does! Yesterday I was sitting on the floor spacing out (because what else would I be doing?) and Will came up behind me and put hims arms around me (they only made it to my arms, but hey, he tried). He sat there for a good 5 minutes, just holding onto me tight, with his head oh my shoulder. Isn't he the sweetest thing??

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh my gosh! I love that face!

baileyfamily said...

He is the sweetest thing. I LOVE his haircut, so handsome.

The Schooley's said...

I love all your posts. Oh my heck, Will's face is priceless. I love it!! Mae can come hlpe me anytime with the dishes. They are both so stinkin cute. Will reminds me of Sawyer with his long cuddles. Dos life get any better?? I think not!

Alison said...

Amy, they are so cute! I love the picture of Mae doing the dishes. She looks so grown up!

Emily said...

You've got your kids trained pretty good. Pulling adorable faces on command and washing dishes, and herself all by herself! I love it! :)

Leah and Mike said...

I love Will's face - so cute! That is nice he will actually do it when you ask him too...then you can see it as much as you like. Mae's hair is so cute - Addy would never sit that long to get that done! Cute kids!