Thursday, June 5, 2008

Its Finished!!!



Yay! I finally got Mae's quilt done! I started it a few weeks before her birthday in April. I worked my butt off and got no where, then took it to my mom's sewing corner at her house thinking maybe it will quilt itself? Actually, I just couldn't stand to look at it unfinished anymore! Then, I finally got the energy to work on it again last night. Me and my mom were whipping out the quilt blocks like you wouldn't believe. She was taking care of Will and Mae AND doing all the thinking so I never got overwhelmed! Whew!! I just sat there and sewed what she told me to sew. I would have never finished it without her help. Thanks Mom! Mae LOVES it! Since April she's been asking me every time she sees the blanket "Is it finished yet??" So finally, tonight I could say "YES, Mae! Its finished!" She was so happy, she fell asleep with a smile on her face :)


Note to self, next time I make a quilt I will not:

*have small children.

*make a huge queen sized quilt for a 3 year old

*use more than 2 kinds of materials!

*try to do it myself!

*assume I'm "saving money" by making it

*assume my child knows the difference between a home-made quilt or one bought from the store. After seeing Mae snuggle her blanket my mom said "how can you say she doesn't know you made that for her? She loves it!" So of course it was ALL worth it.

8 comments:

Alison said...

The quilt is darling! That will be a really neat thing for Mae to have forever!

Stacy said...

the quilt is so cute! I am sure Mae will cherish it forever!

Megan said...

Wow!!! It looks really great! Good Job Amy. Mae is going to treasure that quilt. What about Will??? Just kidding!

Sharon said...

WOW! I am super impressed! And super jealous! I'll pay you to make one for me! LOL!

Rachel said...

Way to go!!! That is amazing! I could never even dream of doing something like that. Mae is so lucky to have such an awesome mom. (And props to Mama Cask for helping!)

Natalie said...

Yeah, I made a huge queen size one like that and It took FOREVER! I just stick to small blankets! It darling though! GOOD JOB! I love sewing with my mom. It is just something she enjoys that I can do with her!

Natalie said...

PS- how do you get your comment form little? and How do you get it so we don't have to type that ridiculous little code every time?

Emily said...

That looks beautiful! Good job! It must feel great to finish off a big project like that!