Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tuesday Tell All -- Sight

When I read the topic of today, this was the first thing I thought of... Mae's first time to see. Can you imagine what she was thinking? Well, first of all, bright lights, nurses and the hospital environment but more than that, she had never used her sight before outside the womb. It was probably overwhelming and exciting at the same time. I remember after she was born she was awake for quite a few hours. She was alert and just soaked in everything she could see. Then, she slept for hours as most newborns do. Probably because she was so worn-out from being stimulated so much with her new sights!


**I just viewed the video that I put up and I had to instantly remove it because of the newborn content I do now want publicly seen! So I guess I'll just tell about it.


It was a video of Mae, taken 10 seconds after she was born. She opens her eyes a little slit, just enough to see and closes them. She continues to blink over and over like she just cannot get used to this thing called sight! Its such a cute video of her as a tiny newborn. Sorry YOU can't see it.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

OH! How tender. Part of me wants to see the video, another part of me thanks you for sparing the details!

Emily said...

That is so sweet! I could almost picture her doing that. She is such a cute girl. I love the pictures in Cali. Looks like you had a great time! Will is looking like such a little man!