
Is it Tuesday already? Where did the past week go? TTA just creeps up on me for some reason.
When I thought about Touch, the topic this week, the first thing that came to mind is how amazingly we can access the world through touch... via the Internet. With a simple click you can look up where my sister lives in San Fransisco and then look directly at her apartment building and her car sitting out front. You can go to Matt's parents house in Hemet and see OUR van in their driveway! I love wasting a minute or two blogging and going to www.ilovemeow.com for a funny cat photo. I love the fact that I have some random question come to mind such as, how big is the world's largest cookie ever made, I can quickly look up the answer. I recently had to look up some directions to some place I was going to Salt Lake and I wondered, how on earth did people used to live without the Internet?! How did my mom know where stuff was in Salt Lake, Provo, or wherever? When I sat down our retarded Internet (Wireless Beehive) was going in and out and I couldn't look up the directions... I had to leave to meet my sisters at the Cottonwood Heights pool in about 3 minutes... how would I know where to go? I called Matt and he looked it up for me at work :) So luckily it all worked out. Hopefully (now that we switched over to Qwest Internet), I won't have to deal with going back to 1980-No-Internet-Era again... because honestly, its something I can't live without.
6 comments:
SO true!! I seriously could not live without the internet! It is a lifesaver!
I don't remember how life was without it!
Amen!
Wow, I was about to switch from Qwest to wireless beehive... maybe I'll have to rethink it!
We are such a geek family...I counted 8 computers in our house, and Rob and I have our PocketPC phones as our constant companions.
I've joked that I'd rather go without food than highspeed internet. Now Dr. Pepper, though? That's another story. ;)
My computer has been acting kind of funny lately and the internet didn't even work for about half a day and it was like anxiety. I've run scans, deleted all the extra stuff I can, but it still is funky. Now I am freaking out because it can't die. I am not sure what would happen to me without the computer for a day, let alone more than that.
Post a Comment