Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesday Tell All

Since I forgot to do last week's, I'll combine it into this week's.

What is your earliest memory of school, what did you love about the first week of school, who was your favorite teacher, subject, or playground game?

My earliest memory of school is going to kindergarten. I was really scared but glad I had two friends I already knew (see previous post). I remember hanging up our backpacks and turning to Bonnie and saying, you go in first, I'm too scared! So I followed her into Mrs. Burgess' room. Soon we saw where we were supposed to sit and everything was fine and dandy. I remember coloring some pages that went to "One, two buckle my shoe. Three, four shut the door..." etc. But I couldn't read well so I did not understand what a big fat hen at the end had to do with counting!

I loved all of my teachers in elementary school. I had Mrs. Burgess for kindergarten, Mrs. Rose (changed to Miss Johnson halfway through the year) for first grade, Mrs. Hunsaker for second grade, Miss Sanborn for third, Mrs. C. for fourth. After that I went into middle school and didn't have any favorite teachers... just kidding. In first grade I remember learning what divorce was because my teacher got divorced and changed her name! In second grade I remember watching our teacher sob while she read of Charlotte's Web and Old Yeller. In third grade I remember watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for days on end (it took like a week!). In fourth grade I remember getting in trouble!

I don't remember a favorite subject but my favorite game was kickball and 4-square, yesssss!

What was your favorite school subject or college course?
In college my favs were psychology and sociology. I had great teachers for both and just loved every week going to class. I thought about going into those subjects more but soon realized I could not handle dealing with other people's problems! It would be too hard for me. So I chose to do elementary education and loved every course I took. I never finished but I hope to some day when I have time ;)

1 comment:

Lacey Sue said...

I was in your kindergarten class...woot woot! I loved remembering stuff about elementary school. I remember things like the first grade circus, nutcracker, those were FAB-ulous times for me!!!