Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Parental Initiation Night

Without grossing anyone out, I'd like to share a story of Matt's initiation into parenthood. My two children have had the love of taking off their diapers around the age of 21 months (Will's age). I told Matt story after story, day after day until Mae finally lost interest in doing this. Will recently started just ripping the diaper off any chance he gets. I wrote about him in the kitchen, sticking a fork in the, you know, thing before. Well, last night I called Matt while I was at work. He said Will was jumping away on the trampoline, took off his diaper and it somehow got on his feet and smeared all over the trampoline. Will was just jumping like nothing happened, hahahaha. I just laughed and laughed. This tops all nastiness I've ever dealt with and Matt, the sweet husband he is, was able to witness it first-hand and be on clean-up duty as well. I can no longer say he doesn't understand, because now he gets it.

As for Will, we are now duct-taping the straps of the diapers so he can't tear them off, hopefully that will work!

9 comments:

Alison said...

This is hilarious! So funny when dads get to see things first hand!

Anonymous said...

My daughter Jasmine was so bad at taking off her diaper, so we started to duct tape hers on. It only took her 3 days to learn how to get out of it. We had to switch to pull ups and explain that they were big pants and that worked out for us.

Lacey Sue said...

GROSS!!!! HAHAHAH for Matt finally understanding what you were dealing with. And Will, dear boy, thank you for sharing you um "dirty feet" somewhere I didn't have to see it :)!! hehehe

Leeann said...

My kids learned how to reach in the leg holes and grab the poop that way, when we started duct taping the diapers on.
Out came overalls, that worked for a while, after that.
Other than that, we just had to wait until they outgrew it.
Ugh.

Natalie said...

We tried to put the diapers on backwards, and it was so funny because one day a mom at mickey D's noticed Hopes diaper was on backwards, and pointed it out to me. I just laughed and told her why, secretly thinking 'you have four kids, have you never gone through this'. It only worked for awhile, eventually she just started reaching around and taking them off.

Sharon said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

Mark and Kyra Herbst said...

Gross! Ha ha! That's awesome.

Amy said...

Grace did this too. We tried the backwards diaper, she ripped it off. We tried the duct tape, she rippped it off. We even tried putting a onsie on backwards over the backwards duct-taped diaper. It worked for a little while until she figured out how to get out of the onsie like a bathing suit. We even have her on video getting out of her diaper and running around the house naked, laughing, and so very proud of herself. I actually dont remember what we did after that. Maybe my mind has blocked out the memory. Hmmm...

Kelli said...

Matthew does that, too. I use clear packing tape and go around him 2-3 times. I have to use scissors to get it off if him, but at least I am not cleaning up poop in the wrong places!!