Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Tagged by Katie!

1.Wrapping paper or gift bags?- I get the whole gift bag thing, but not for Christmas! You gotta have something to rip open and tons of stuff to clean up when its all over.

2. Real tree or Artificial?- I love real ones. We got one this year, but I'm probably going to buy a fake one in the after-Christmas sales because it would be nice to not have to buy one every year.

3. When do you put up the tree?- As soon as acceptable! This year it was December 1st because we got home that day!

4. When do you take the tree down?- When we feel like it, when the season is clearly over... okay vague answer but I can't remember... we haven't put up a tree in 3 years (2006 I was recovering from birth, 2007 we were going out of town for Christmas.. so no tree until now)

5. Do you like eggnog?- I haven't had it in a long time but I'm thinking I DO like it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?- I remember getting a tricycle when I was like 4 because that's exactly what I wanted! I thought it was a miracle; I rode it through the family room until I got in trouble for riding on every one's toes that I wasn't able to see under all the wrapping paper, fun times!

7. Hardest person to buy for?- People who have everything, or have the means to get whatever they want, but that's when you get creative, I guess.

8. Easiest person to buy for?- Mae and Will. I'm with them all day so I know exactly what they'd love and want and play with! I cannot wait for Christmas!

9. Do you have a nativity scene?- Yes, thanks.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?- I prefer mailed. Easier said than done, though!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?- You'd have to be pretty spoiled to declare that.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?- Christmas Vacation, The Grinch, The Nativity, The Santa Clause

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?- About a week before Christmas

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? -- Yes

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?- Caramel popcorn, white chocolate popcorn, saltine toffee, chocolate covered pretzels, toffee, chex mix, ya know, stuff like that

16. Colored or Clear Lights?- Either! Colored reminds me of childhood, white reminds me of now.

17. Favorite Christmas song?- The First Noel, with anyone singing it that sticks to the original tune.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?- I love doing both! This year we will be home, making our own traditions. Next year we'll be in CA.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?- Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph - did I do it???

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?- A tiny star ornament because like Katie, I've never found one I liked!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?- Does anyone open ALL of them on Christmas eve? I love pj's on Christmas Eve and everything else on Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?- I went to the mall today and it was insanely packed on a THURSDAY morning and not just walkers, people actually shopping. WOW. I saw the cutest Santa though! He looked so real!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?- No theme, just cute stuff from here or there that the kids can't ruin.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?- A honey ham

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?- Wishin and hopin for a treadmill!

26. White or Warm Christmas?- I like both. Trading off every year is just perfect.

27. Favorite thing about Christmas?- Everyone is happy. Everyone is your friend. Everyone is thinking about someone other than themselves. And the kids are so freakin excited and I get to re-live the magic of Christmas with my children.

28. Favorite Christmas Tradition?- Going to temple square to see the lights and making tons of treats! (not at the same time, though)

29. Favorite Christmas Location?- California and Utah, yay!

30. Who do you tag?- Everyone!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hey amy so after you left a comment on my blog I realized you hadn't posted anything for awhile and then I remembered you went private!HaHA! I'm a retard! Anyways I know LACEY went private at the same time as you and I DID't get an invite to her blog, so I was wondering if you could pass along the message! Thanks!