Tuesday, December 23, 2008

WVC WM

Last week I made a lot of plans, mentally, to get ready for Christmas. I had a list of stuff to do that HAD to be done before Christmas. On Sunday Mae and Will both started acting sick and they both have strep throat. My plans came to a hault and its forced me to just enjoy being home because i can't drag my kiddos out to do my shopping and visiting! So I scratched all the things off the list that aren't musts. But I still needed one more trip to the grocery store so I could be finished with all shopping. I got off from work last night at 12:30 and ventured to the West Valley Wal-mart. I know, I'm brave! Its always interesting to see what kinds of people are at Wal-mart, but I've found the after midnight crowd to be completely different.

Children? What good reason do kids need to be at Wal-mart at 1am? They were dragging their feet with huge bags under their eyes, about 5 and 6 years old. There's just no reason for kids to be up at that hour, let alone shopping with their strange dad that won't keep his eyes off of me! (Well at least that's what I FELT like!) but maybe their house just burnt down and they needed to buy some pajamas? Who am I to judge, I'm at the store, too!

Then there's the cute couple that thinks they are the only people in the store... spanking each other and cuddling like no one else exsists... once again, not cute at WVC Wal-Mart at 1am!

I saw a man sitting on the ground in the aisle. I thought he'd move so I could get by, apparently he was too tired. His wife was studying their list saying "I was looking for 'this and that' but they don't have 'this and that' so I think we'll have to go to another Wal-mart." The poor guy, leaning his back on the shelves looked up and said "Please, not tonight honey." IF we are too tired to walk... why are we still shopping??

And last but not least... the people stocking the shelves. Yelling at each other across the store about their weekend festivites and going to jail(I can only assume, I only got part of the conversation) and all that. And the check-out guy who is as happy as Christmas Day! All this makes for a very fun night!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

That is when I got to Walmart! I don't have kids!! However I too see kids there when I am there. Lately (since school has been out) I have seen a lot of teenagers. Crazy kids! The stockers are always talk, singing, laughing so LOUD! I guess they get used to people looking at them. However, during the holiday season, 1am shopping is so much less crowded than 5pm!!!