Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Matt (kind of)

The beginning of June I went to California for a week. Then, we all packed up and went to my sister Nanette's house for 10 days to watch my 2 nephews, Daniel (age 6) and Matthew (age 2). It was so much fun. For Mae and Will it was a vacation to be in such a huge house with so many toys.
Mae, Matthew and Daniel

The last day, Monday, I started feeling a little sick, but figured it was a cold and pressed on. That night Matt brought the kids home and before I got there he had already unpacked all of our clothes and put them away! He also got the kids ready for bed and put them to bed. What a sweet heart!

That night I felt terrible and had a fever all night which began this entire week of a horrible case of strep throat. Matt stayed home on Tuesday and not only took care of the kids but cleaned all day long and bought me treats to help me feel better AND went grocery shopping!! I was so surprised but very thankful!

On Wednesday it was Matt's birthday and I told him to go to work since that's what he really wanted for his b-day. I called him later and let him know I was at the doctor and I had strep. He came home and while I lay in bed he: took care of the kiddos, made meals, cleaned and went and got me treats! I felt so bad I was so sick on his birthday, but he said I could always make it up another day. Poor guy! Not to mention the fact that he also went to the doctor and tested positive for strep too!

So this entire week, I've laid in bed so sick and Matt, whom is also sick, has gone above and beyond taking care of me and Mae and Will.

I told Matt Happy Birthday many times on Wednesday but I really can't say thank you enough to such a wonderful man for taking care of me! I can't wait until I feel 100% better so I can take care of him!

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Amy - you got a good guy!! He is a sweetheart!

Leah and Mike said...

That is so sweet of him! And cute, cute, cute family picture :)