Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Let Freedom Ring!

We had a wonderful 4th of July, my favorite holiday! Matt knows how important this day is to me, so its one holiday that I get to plan everything.

The night before, Mae and I slept over at my parents house in Grantsville with A LOT of kids and just me and my sister Diane to take care of them. It was really fun though; I love all of my neices and nephews and I love my kids having them as friends!

We went to the parade in our usual Elementary school spot and the weather was perfect. Not hot and just a few sprinkles of rain. Mae was excited to get CANDY!
Rachel, Mae, Sami, Maren and Alesi

Can anyone find whats wrong with this picture? Will's picking his nose, Matt's eating, and Mae won't lift her head but I'm always ready to smile!

Soooo upset we weren't getting candy yet.







Our poor band... but at least we have a band, right?


Something NEW in this year's parade!

Only in Grantsville... this is a REAL truck people!




Mae's highlight of the whole day!!


Then, we had a bbq at Grandma and Grandpa's house and did some swimming in the back yard.

And the boys thought they could break the swingset...
After a relaxing afternoon we went to our spot on the high school lawn for fireworks! This year we were smart and sent down all of the nephews with our chairs and blankets -- thanks guys!
Will climbed on everyone!
Then the fireworks started, they were great! We all snuggled and just enjoyed it. We walked home and did our own fireworks. I realized I did not have my phone but was too excited to light things on fire and forgot about it. Then, my sister Stephanie had a message from my sister Ardena in SF, saying someone found my phone and they called her! So I called my phone, Vivianne answered and brought me my phone 3 minutes later. I've never been soooo lucky in my life!
We finished the fireworks and by then it was close to 11:00 so we raced home and got our worn-out kiddos to bed!
It was a wonderful day...I can't wait to do it again next year.













5 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

I about died when I saw the lawnmowers...and when I saw the Wal-mart truck. I was like, seriously?!?!!? But this IS G-ville after all :)!
I love small town celebrations!!!! Such cute pictures---I love your family!!!

Misty Moncur said...

The elementary school, huh? We always sit at my Uncle Bob's house for the parade. Then we always sit at my Grandma's house for the fireworks. I love the Grantsville parade with all the trucks, four-wheelers, a million fire engines from the museum, and all the weird vehicles with guns and ammunition from the Depot!

Leeann said...

We always sit on the elementary school lawn too! How'd I miss ya?

Rachel said...

Looks like fun! You gotta love G-ville! I seriously love the 4th of July in Grantsville... too much fun!

k myers said...

Oh. Grantsville. Sigh. It has been so long since I've been to the 4th there. It is the best and I miss it! Thanks for posting picts!!!