As requested, here is the recipe for the cake I made for Matt. I did a boxed cake (easy) and followed this for the frosting:
Coconut-Pecan Frosting: In a medium saucepan slightly beat 1 egg. Stir in one 5-ounce can (2/3 cup) evaporated milk, 2/3 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup butter. Cook and stir over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Cover and cool thoroughly.
As I said before, I had two coconuts and used them for the frosting but if you bought coconut this would be a lot easier than the way I did it. The link to the recipe is here at Better Homes and Gardens (my favorite cookbook!) Also, for my cake I doubled the frosting.
Enjoy!
1 comment:
Thank you, thank you...can't wait to make this...mmmmmmm. Drooling.
Post a Comment