Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Times and Seasons


After supporting Mae in her endeavors, Will is finally out on his own
playing soccer.  



He takes it very seriously.  The other kids are interested in the playground and get "hot" and "tired" but not this boy.  

He runs, kicks and does whatever his coach says until practice is officially over.  This is going to be a very fun Fall season going to soccer games.




Mae started up again with ballet.  On Fridays she has dance, then kindergarten and by the time its dinner time she is done for the day... so worn out.

We had some other new things around here this past week:


- Mae got off on the wrong bus stop and was lost.  Her mom never really told her where to get off, so it was just a miracle that she ended up close to our house and ran home.  Her mom still feels terrible...


- Mae brought home a new word from school.  It starts with HOLY and ends with -IT.  I was shocked... kindergarten!!  REALLY?!  Can we just do preschool for the next 5 years, then start real school??


- Last night Will started riding his bike without training wheels.  He was so proud of himself.  He was doing really well and just took off through the church parking lot.  All I could see was my little baby riding off, into the distance.  I choked up.  This past week hasn't been the easiest on me.  


Right now we are in a new time and season in life.  Sometimes I only move forward while looking back at the same time.  Other times I feel so happy about the future and what it holds.  


Either way, I am excited about this time in our lives even if it brings new challenges to all of us.  

3 comments:

Shay said...

I'm happy to hear you choked up a little when he started riding his bike..I did the same thing when scout started pedaling on her tricycle..TRICYCLE..I think I'm in trouble in the milestones to come!!!

Stacie said...

All I can say is you are SUCH a great mom. You can totally tell by how much you love your little ones. And you are doing such a great job! I am so proud of Will!

Rachel said...

Such cutie kids. Although... I have to say I try to ignore posts like this that talk about all the changes and such, because I am in COMPLETE denial. Stockton will be a baby forever... and that's that.