Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Party hardy

Pretty much every year my family has a Christmas party after Christmas.  It always lasts all day and its probably one of our funnest parties of the year that we all look forward to.
This year Matt & I hosted it.
I will never take advantage of those hosting the party, again!  I realized just how much work goes into 
a) making dinner for 40 people
b) planning our activities
c) getting set up/ cleaning up
d) making sure everyone has fun.
The hard work was totally worth it though and I had a lot of fun, too!
So here are a few pictures of our party!

Nanette, Matthew, Jonah & Kathleen working on a gingerbread house

George, Dad and Thomas
Some of us who were enjoying dinner

Daniel, painting an ornament

I did some "cookie" ornaments... they were so fun for the kids to paint and take home
Eddie, Max and Steph, playing games

Grandpa and Will, opening up the beloved pj's from from Grandma

My sweet Mom, who makes pj's every year for all of her 19 grandchildren!

Mae with her gingerbread house

Samantha

Emily and Rachel

Playing games





Cute boys in their cute pj's!
This year we did a kids gift exchange and the adults and bigger kids did a homemade CD exchange.  It was fun and I think everyone was really excited about their new CD!
We also watched our favorite YouTube videos which was very entertaining, and ate A LOT.

It was the perfect way to end a wonderful Christmas break.  Now we are back to our normal routine.
This was a fabulous Christmas I'll always remember!


2 comments:

The Stephens Family said...

It looks like you guys had such an amazing time!!! We miss you tons!

Rachel said...

I love the CD exchange...that's a fabulous idea! Hosting is so much work. It looks like you were a wonderful hostess. Glad it was a Merry Christmas for your family! :)