Monday, February 14, 2011

Crazy little thing called LOVE

Ten years ago today Matt popped the question and I said yes.  Since then, my life has changed for the better.  We've had our struggles, our challenges but he had always remained constant, caring, loving. 

When we were dating, Matt would arrange his schedule so he could give me a ride anywhere {he couldn't stand the thought of me riding the bus, even though it was in orem and very safe}.  Every time I'd get in his car the same song would be on.  I wasn't familiar with Smashing Pumpkins so it took me awhile to even notice.  It would be playing quietly in the background.  Finally we had a quiet moment and I could hear it... "I'm in love with you...I'm in love with you...I'm in love with you..."

When we had one of our first talks of getting married, Matt confessed to me that knew for a while that he wanted to marry me...I guess I was slow.  I didn't realize how fast it happened for him, but he was patient and just waited until I knew, too. 

So for awhile, all he could do was play that song to hint to me how he felt since he couldn't say anything yet.

I loved him then and still do.  I feel so old though, saying that it's been 10 years since then. 

I hope everyone has a day of love...no matter what kind of love you want to celebrate.

Happy Valentine's Day.


5 comments:

Rachel said...

Patience is a rare trait, I think. It's so nice to have a hubby like that. :)

Jamee said...

You guys are so cute! What a sweet story. Isn't it the best having your best friend by your side? :) Loved the dating pics too.

Misty Moncur said...

Best valentine story I ever heard. So sweet! Matt you're such a sweetie!

Rachel said...

I totally remember the day you got engaged! I can't believe it's been 10 years! Man, so crazy!

Brian & Kerrian said...

How special Amy :) Hope you are doing good!!! I really missed you all a Bunco too!! So fun to catch up with you via blogging although much better in person I will take what I can get ;)
xoxo