Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween

Halloween started the Thursday before this year, with Will's preschool program.

Gavin and Will
 The kids sang a bunch of Halloween songs with actions.  I loved every second of it!
Will and Scout
 Will did a great job.  He has a lot of friends in his class from our "old" neighborhood.
Scout, Noah, Damon & Will
 Will's hair was CRAZY when he took his hat off!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
On Friday it was Mae's half-birthday.  I didn't get any pictures.  This year she chose to do half doughnuts (from Soelberg's, of course).  It was great treat and now she can officially say she's 6 and 1/2!
------------------------------------------------------------------
On Saturday Will had his final soccer game of the season.  Sniff / I'm glad its finally over!
It was a great season to have Matt coach and have Will's friend on his team.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 1st Annual Cask Family Halloween Party
 Its crazy, but we've never had a Halloween party before this year!  Stephanie hosted it for us and it was such a blast.
chit-chattin

Playing bingo
 Eating doughnuts on a string... absolutely hilarious.  The kids were all covered in glaze afterwards.  They took it very seriously!
 We had a mummy contest... my mom has on a black wig so you can't even tell is her, hilarious.
 The mummy contest started an instant toilet paper fight.


 Matt and I already decided we'll have to join in and dress up next year.  Here is a picture of those who dressed up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HALLOWEEN!

On Sunday we carved our pumpkins.  Going with Mae and Will's costumes, Will carved a pirate and Mae did a black cat.


On Halloween we went to Matt's work party.  Everyone brings their kids and they trick or treat around the office.  Since Mae & Will didn't have school it worked out for us to attend this year.  We had pizza and got so much candy.  On the way home Mae told me she was feeling sick.  I think this was the first time I ever let her eat all she wanted and she was sick, sad!


 That night we made chili and went trick or treating around our neighborhood.  There were hoards of children everywhere!

 Our neighbor grew this 345 lb. pumpkin!  Good thing he owns a forklift to move that thing around, right?!


This Halloween, our children were so scared that everyone was going to have a dog and let it run out of the house and attack them when they opened the door.  After a few houses they got warmed up and decided most people are responsible and don't just let their dogs attack children.  It also helped to have 300 other children to follow around the neighborhood!  Once again, we got so much candy we didn't know what to do with it.
Luckily Mae's school had a candy drive and we were able to donate all the non-chocolate candy... phew!

3 comments:

Kim said...

What a fun Halloween. Darling costumes.

Rachel said...

Ethan was also Jack Sparrow this year. Love that costume. And I love how ready for the camera Mae is. Hilarious.

Brian & Kerrian said...

Soccer was so much fun!! I miss seeing you!!!! But I am sorta glad its over too, until next Spring!!! Thanks for the INVITE :) Miss ya!!!!! Let's run together soon k!