Matt and I had been wanting to go on a hike this summer and since Kathleen has been living with us its a perfect opportunity for a babysitter, so we decided to go!
We "slept in" until 6:30 and got ready. Matt wondered if our neighbors, the McCarty's would want to join us. Surprisinly, they weren't upset that Matt called them at 7am but were excited and came with us.
![]() |
| Mae and Will when we left -- so sweet. |
![]() |
| Bryan, Katie & Matt |
It had been 7+ years since I had hiked this trail.
Its funny how you remember things like they were when you were "younger."
Like, I remember this being such an EASY hike.
Boy, were we in for a surprise! It ended up taking us quite awhile to hike up but of course only took a couple of hours to get back down.
The lake was beautiful.
It was such a gorgeous day.
There were also a lot of butterflies. I think they live in the best place for a butterfly to live. Don't you?
I absolutely love the South Willow Canyon and the trail to the lake. The memories came swarming back like it was yesterday that I RAN up and back with the cross country team. I have so many vivid memories, conversations and people come to mind when I enter these trails! They definitely hold a special place in my heart.
Our next hike is going to be Deseret Peak -- I cannot wait.








1 comment:
I loved all these pictures. We hiked a tiny bit of the Stansbury Front trail in June, and it was so wonderful to be back up in the mountains. Great memories!
Post a Comment