Friday, January 4, 2013

A New Year 2012

I love the start of a new year.

This past year had some interesting turns for us.  Looking back on my goals from last year I definitely did not accomplish them.  I'm attributing that to several things.  My time management has changed and I don't have a whole lot spare time.   I also think I should have had my goals somewhere I could have seen them daily... having them on the blog doesn't mean I will actually see them.... ever and I completely forgot about some goals!

Last year:


Here are my 2012 goals.
1. Academically: Finish all of my classes at USU.  Check.
2. Academically: Apply to do student teaching in Spring of 2013.  Check.
3. Physically: Run a half marathon in the Spring... haven't chosen one yet.  Check.
4. Physically: Run a full marathon in September, Top of Utah Marathon 
5. Physically: Lose more than the usual 10 pounds I lose each year and do not gain them back during the holidays!   Half-Check.
6. Spiritually: Be grateful -- write at least 1 thank you note per month.
7. Spiritually/Emotionally: Manage time and do the things that matter most, first.  

These are my thoughts.  I completed some goals, yes.  I'm happy about that.  The marathon had to be put on hold... I got up to the big mileage and didn't have time, strength, energy to keep going! It was becoming very stressful to me and I just didn't like that feeling.  I'm going to try again, but probably not this year.  Half Marathons are such a perfect distance, I love them.  I did lose more than 10 pounds this year but it crept back on this past fall --- eek!  not good.  I don't think I did even 1 thank-you note... sad.  And I have tried to do what matters most first-- Actually its been an eye opener for me this year.  Something I completed which was not on my list was that I read the entire Book of Mormon and Doctrine & Covenants in 6 months.  I've found that I like listening to it more than anything.

This fall came and I didn't have any classes beginning.  I felt very lost and didn't know what to do with myself.  I'm so excited for student teaching this semester.  I start on Monday.  I am going to Overlake Elementary in Tooele.  A part of me is nervous and a part of me is just excited to get it over and done with!  I did some substitute teaching this past fall and LOVED IT!  I cannot wait to be a teacher.  Cannot wait.  Its been a long journey for me to get this far and I'm so glad to be close to the finish line, finally.  

Here are my 2013 goals.  Its going to be a good year-- I know it!

1. Graduate from USU.
2. Find a teaching job for Fall 2013.
3.  Run 2 half marathons (1 in summer, 1 in fall).
4. Read the B of M TWICE.

This year they are kind of vague, I know.  But I'm going into new territory and don't know how my life is going to be -- if it will be chaotic or crazy, or just normal... we'll see.  I'm still Primary Pres and its also taken up a lot of my time.  Maybe when I'm over and done with it I'll talk about it more but for now its in my face constantly.  I love it and I LOVE primary which is a good thing, obviously.

Here's to '13.  The LUCKY year.


No comments: