Looking back on our two weeks at home together it went by really fast, but we got to do everything we planned! One day Matt and I had a fun date and saw Les Miserables. We both loved it and can't wait to see it again!
We also had a YES day with our kids. This is something Nonny and Poppy do quite often with the kids so we thought we'd try it out. The only rule is that everything is a YES for an entire day. We gave the kids all of the options, like going to see a movie, going shopping (which meant picking out a toy or something), going out for lunch, having ice cream, etc. They didn't care about anything except for shopping! And they didn't even care where we went. We went to Walmart to check out the after-Christmas sales and definitely scored big there. They had a money limit and had to find something on sale. It was fun for them. Afterwards I asked if anyone wanted to go get lunch... no. Does anyone want to get ice cream... no. what is with these kids?! I asked what they wanted to do and they said go straight home to play with their new toys!! I finally said I wanted ice cream and made them go with me... they were pretty mad! Will even started crying. It was funny that although they could have done anything that day, they just wanted to be home playing. I guess its a good thing that they are easy to please.
We did some sledding in the park behind our house. The hills are small but just enough to keep it fun.
I went down on a sled standing up and was going STRAIGHT for Will. He panicked and got out of the way but then went back in front of me so I ran him over. He thought this was hilarious. He re-enacted it over and over and over and over. Then I acted like I was spacing off and didn't get out of his way and he ran me over... oh my gosh, I love to see my kids laugh... it was so funny.
As part of our fun I completed this puzzle... yes, I like puzzles.
We also played all of our new games... the kids had fun.... I swear.
For new years (I'll have to see if anyone has pictures) we went to Stephanie's house to play games and have pizza and treats. The kids slept over and had so much fun. By the time it was the new year Matt and I were already asleep, ha! Maybe we'll make it to midnight next year.
On new years day we celebrated by taking the kids, plus Olivia and Gavin to Denny's (kids eat free)!
Of course it was a delicious meal full of many good times and the kids were actually really good the entire time!
School began on the 2nd of January. We're already back into the full grind of things. Its hard to believe our staycation flew by so fast! We had so much fun. We slept a lot, ate a lot, played lots of games and just enjoyed each other. I am glad I get to spend so much time with my kids but we are so lucky that Matt can take off time from work to be with us. We are so lucky to have him and everything is so much more fun with him. By the time the 2nd rolled around he was very antsy to get back to work-- but the kids were so ready for school and their routine again, too.
I'm excited for the new year! I'm putting my money on lucky 13 to be the lucky year for me!














1 comment:
Glad to see you had a great Christmas break. I love how the Yes day turned out and you're not alone with the puzzle thing. We didn't we know that when we lived there, you and I could of had some mad puzzle parties.
Post a Comment